What WhitePages.com Shows
Prior to opting out of WhitePages.com, run a precursory search to see what information is held about you. It often includes your full name, age, date of birth, address, and a satellite map of your property. Most often, WhitePages.com will have multiple records about you for each place you’ve lived over the last several years. You must go through the steps to delete each and every profile tied to you.
Paid Services Affecting WhitePages
WhitePages.com Opt Out Also Affects:
WhitePages Opt Out Video
WhitePages Removal Details
- WhitePages.com Opt Out Difficulty Level (on a 1-5 score): 4
- WhitePages.com Opt Out Timeframe: 1-2 Days on Average
WhitePages Opt Out Requirements
What You’ll Need to Opt Out of WhitePages.com
- Email Address?: Yes
- Requires Creating An Account?: Yes
- Requires a Phone Number?: Yes
- Requires Phone Confirmation: Yes
- Requires Date of Birth Confirmation? Yes
- Requires Uploading a Copy of Driver’s License/ID?: No
- Requires a Mail-In Request with a Copy of Driver’s License/ID?: No
- Other Limitations: Users may currently only hide one listing per email address.
WhitePages Opt Out Instructions
- 1. Proceed directly to WhitePages.com. Search via your First and Last Name and City and State. Click the magnifying glass to search.
- 2. Find your matching result on the next page. Click the result.
- 3. This will bring you to your WhitePages profile page.
- 4. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the 'Remove from Directory' link under 'Your WhitePages'.
- 5. This will bring you to a WhitePages login page. Underneath 'Please Log In', click on the 'Sign Up' link.
- 6. This will bring you to the registration page. Enter your Full Name Email Address, and Password. Click the orange "Create Account" button.
- 7. This will bring you to a page notifying you that a confirmation email has been sent.
- 8. In a new browser tab, open up your email. Find the email from WhitePages entitled 'Verify your email'. This may be in your Spam or All Mail Folders.
- 9. Open this email and click on the green verification button.
- 10. This will bring you back to WhitePages with a page entitled "Opt Out of WhitePages".
- 11. In a new browser tab, go back to WhitePages.com. Search again and relocate your listing. Copy the URL from this listing in the browser field.
- 12. Go back to the prior window and paste in the URL field on the "Opt Out of WhitePages" page from Step 10.
- 13. The next page will be a confirmation page asking you if this is the information you want to remove. If this is the right listing, click the green 'Remove this info from WhitePages' button.
- 14. The next page asks you you'e leaving WhitePages. Under the dropdown box, "Why do you want to remove this information?", choose anything you like. We recommend the option "I just want to keep my information private."
- 15. The comment field on this page may be left blank. Click the green 'Next Step' button.
- 16. The next page will ask you to verify your identity via phone. Enter your phone number here and check the checkbox. Click the green 'Call now to Verify' button. Note: This phone number will not be retained by WhitePages.
- 17. You should receive a phone call within a few seconds. Listen to the recorded message then press 1 to remove your listing.
- 18. After the phone confirmation, return to WhitePages.com and search again. Your profile should be immediately deleted.
- 19. Repeat steps 1-18 for additional locations and name variations after clearing your browser history.